Winners of the National Chilli Awards 2015
Here is the list of winners of last years awards, also the worthy runners up. If you are looking for a new taste experience or you are just discovering the wonderful variety of artisan producers out there, then this list is a perfect place to start!
Best Chilli Jam. Won by The Chillees with 'Not So Mellow Yellow'. The runner-up was Everything Chilli with 'Pepper and Pear'.
Best Pickle/Mustard. Won by Lovepickle with 'Super Hot'. The runner-up was Mr Vikki's with Kashmiri Chilli Pickle.
Best Drink. Won by Grim Reaper with 'Pestilence'. Runner-up was Fallen Angel Brewery with 'Black Death'.
Best Chocolate/Confectionary. Won by Grim Reaper 'Black Widow'. Runner-up, Everything Chilli with 'Chilli Chocolate'.
Best BBQ/Wing/Marinade. Won by Grim Reaper with 'Wraith'. Runner-up, Burning Desire with 'Burning Angel'.
Best Chilli Snack. Daddy Cool's Chilli Sauce with 'Super Hot Nuts'. Runner-up was Burning Desire with 'Kashmiri Nuts'.
Best Chilli Oil. Won by Mr Vikki's with 'Smoked Bhut Jolokia Oil'. Runner-up, Grim Reaper with 'Tempest'.
Best Rub/Spice Blend. Won by The Smokey Carter with 'Pitmaster BBQ Spice Rub'. Runner-up, Grim Reaper, 'Charred Remains'.
Best Dip/Salsa/Mayo'. Won by Everything Chilli with' Original Chilli'.
Best Mild Chilli Sauce. Won by The Smokey Carter with 'Carolina BBQ Sauce'. Runner-up was Grim Reaper with 'Rookie Goblin'.
Best Medium Chilli Sauce. Won by Sweet Heat Chilli with 'Mango Chilli Sauce'. Runner-up was Grim Reaper with 'Alchemy'.
Best Hot Chilli Sauce. Won by Sweet Heat Chilli with 'HabbaNaga Sauce'. Runner-up, Grim Reaper with 'Maverick'.
Best Extreme, with extract. Grim Reaper with 'Evil One'. Runner-up, Burning Desire with 'Five Finger Death Punch'.
Best New Product. Won by Chimoulis with 'Chilli Salted Caramel'.
Runner-up was Sweet Heat Chilli with 'Mint and Coriander mild chilli sauce'.
Best Retailer was won by Grim Reaper and Best Grower was won by Edible Ornamentals.
How to enter the 2016 awards
Many of you will have entered in previous years (and some of you will have won) but
for many others this will be the first opportunity to enter the Awards. We have several
new categories this year as we try to cover the many variations of products on the
chilli theme, thanks to the fantastic imaginations of all you chilli producers.
The UK chilli world is growing in confidence and the National Chilli Awards is the outward
manifestation of this and the standard-bearer of UK chilli companies and their products. One
only needs glance at the Guild of Fine Foods Awards to see just how many chilli products have
won awards so it is right that we should have our own celebration.
Here are some rules about the competition.
1) You can only enter 1 product per category. To enter each category there is a charge of £15.00
and the supply of 2 sauces to be used as tasters. Please make sure that your product is
entered in the right category. The organisers can move the entry to a different category
at their own discretion if required. Entries with samples must be sent by 9th September 2016 to:
Fiery Foods UK Ltd. 17, Lodge Close, Portslade, Brighton. BN41 2PZ.
2) Each product will be tasted blind by a panel of judges who will taste separately and make their
own decision before coming to a decision as a group. The judges’ decision is, of course,
3) BEST UK CHILLI SHOP and GROWER categories may receive entries by the
named company or by nomination from another company. The entry must be accompanied
by supporting written evidence (website, photos, affidavits, etc)
4) The announcement of the winners in each category will take place at the
award ‘ceremony’ at 2pm on Saturday 17th Sept.
5) Winners will receive a trophy and certificate plus prominent display and promotion on the Fiery Foods web site,
any media exposure that may result, plus artwork to put onto product labels.
Please note, there is a change of categories, Best Naga is now Best Hot.
The categories for the National Chilli Awards 2016 are:
1. Best Chilli Jam
2. Best Chilli Pickle or Mustard
3. Best Chilli Drink (Non Alcoholic & Alcoholic)
4. Best Chilli Chocolate or Confectionery
5. Best Chilli BBQ Sauce / Wing Sauce / Marinade
6. Best Chilli Snack
7. Best Chilli Oil
8. Best Chilli Rub or Spice Blend
9. Best Chilli Dip / Mayonnaise / Salsa
10. Best Mild Hot Sauce (Non Extract)
11. Best Medium Hot Sauce (Non Extract)
12. Best Super Hot Sauce (Non Extract)
13. Best Extreme Hot Sauce (With Extract)
14. Best New Chilli Product of 2016
15. Best UK Chilli Shop (Retail & Online)
16. Best UK Chilli Grower / UK Chilli Farm