How to enter the 2016 awards
Many of you will have entered in previous years (and some of you will have won) but
for many others this will be the first opportunity to enter the Awards. We have several
new categories this year as we try to cover the many variations of products on the
chilli theme, thanks to the fantastic imaginations of all you chilli producers.
The UK chilli world is growing in confidence and the National Chilli Awards is the outward
manifestation of this and the standard-bearer of UK chilli companies and their products. One
only needs glance at the Guild of Fine Foods Awards to see just how many chilli products have
won awards so it is right that we should have our own celebration.
Here are some rules about the competition.
1) You can only enter 1 product per category. All products must be available on the retail market. Only registered producers with the relevant food certification are eligable for entry. To enter each category there is a charge of £10.00
and the supply of 2 sauces to be used as tasters. An additional charge of £20.00 is applicable for the Super Hot (non extract) category. This is to cover the cost of testing at Warwick University, currently £30.00, +VAT. Please make sure that your product is
entered in the right category. The organisers can move the entry to a different category
at their own discretion if required. Entries with samples must be sent by 26th August for the Super Hot Category and 9th September 2016 for all other categories. Send to:
Fiery Foods UK Ltd. 17, Lodge Close, Portslade, Brighton. BN41 2PZ.
2) Each product will be tasted blind by a panel of judges who will taste separately and make their
own decision before coming to a decision as a group. The judges’ decision is, of course,
2a) Super Hot Sauce entries will firstly be tested for their Scoville count at Warwick University before judging day and then blind tasting for the hottest entries will be completed on judging day at the Fiery Foods Festival.
3) BEST UK CHILLI SHOP and GROWER categories may receive entries by the
named company or by nomination from another company. The entry must be accompanied
by supporting written evidence (website, photos, affidavits, etc)
4) The announcement of the winners in each category will take place at the
award ‘ceremony’ at 2pm on Saturday 17th Sept.
5) Winners will receive a trophy and certificate plus prominent display and promotion on the Fiery Foods web site,
any media exposure that may result, plus artwork to put onto product labels.
Please note, there is a change of categories, Best Naga is now Best Super Hot.
The categories for the National Chilli Awards 2016 are:
1. Best Chilli Jam
2. Best Chilli Pickle or Mustard
3. Best Chilli Drink (Non Alcoholic & Alcoholic)
4. Best Chilli Chocolate/Confectionery/Snack
5. Best Chilli BBQ Sauce / Wing Sauce / Marinade
6. Best Chilli Oil
7. Best Chilli Rub or Spice Blend
8. Best Mild Hot Sauce (Non Extract)
9. Best Medium Hot Sauce (Non Extract)
10. Best Super Hot Sauce (Non Extract)
11. Best Extreme Hot Sauce (With Extract)
12. Best New Chilli Product of 2016
13. Best UK Chilli Shop (Retail & Online)
14. Best UK Chilli Grower / UK Chilli Farm
National Chilli Awards 2016 The Professionals
Click on the logo to download an entry form for the National Chilli Awards 2016 - The Professionals - and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post with your entry products to: Fiery Foods UK Ltd, 17 Lodge Close, Portslade, Brighton. BN41 2PZ. Good Luck!
Winners of the National Chilli Awards 2015
Here is the list of winners of last years awards, also the worthy runners up. If you are looking for a new taste experience or you are just discovering the wonderful variety of artisan producers out there, then this list is a perfect place to start!